The Traffic Safety Committee plays an advisory role in order to improve traffic safety in the City. The Public Works Department staff is responsible for providing support and advice to the Traffic Safety Committee. The Traffic Safety Committee Meets at 4:00PM monthly on the fourth Thursday of every month, with special meetings held as deemed necessary. To view Agendas and Minutes please click here. To submit requests to the committee please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership and Terms
The Traffic Safety Committee shall consist of five members, two of whom are residents of the City of Jurupa Valley, and shall be appointed by the City Council.
Current Traffic Safety Committee Members:
George Wentz, Assistant City Manager
Steve Loriso, City Engineer
Sgt. Ramie Wood, Riverside County Sheriff's Department
Carol Crouch, Resident
Hugo Bustamante, Resident
City Staff - Rob Olson and Grizelda Reed
- Receive appropriate complaints having to do with traffic matters
- Provide a ‘sounding board’ for traffic related requests
- Assure consideration of common input, community values, and goals
- Enable problem solving in a group setting
- Stimulate and assist in the preparation and publication of selected traffic reports
- Recommend to the City Council ways and means for improving traffic conditions