A resident since 1990, Laura and her husband Bryce settled in Jurupa Valley to raise their family. As their 3 children grew-up, Laura was involved as a community volunteer with the Jurupa Unified School District, Girl Scouts of San Gorgonio Council, the American Red Cross and Jurupa Citizen Corps. Laura became involved in the incorporation effort in 2006 and was a founding member of the Jurupa Valley Incorporation Research Committee (JVIRC).
- Western Riverside Council of Governments (WRCOG) - Executive Committee Member, Administration and Finance Committee Member
- Santa Ana River Trail and Parkway Partnership/Santa Ana River Conservancy Program - Policy Advisory Group Member
- Healthy Jurupa Valley Initiative
- Riverside County Health Coalition
- UC Riverside Citizens University Committee (CUC) - Board Member
- Jurupa Unified School District (JUSD) Holiday Food Drive - Chair
- Jurupa Citizens Corps - Member
- Jurupa Valley Chamber of Commerce - Member
- 2013 Family Values Award
- 2014 State of California 60th Assembly District Woman of the Year
- 2016 Riverside University Health System Public Health Community Champion
- 2017 Inland Empire Section California Chapter American Planning Association (APA) Elected Official Category Winner
- Election to the Jurupa Valley City Council - 2011. Served as the City's first Mayor through 2012 and again in 2016. Currently serving as Councilmember.